Skip to main content

Opinions please


Well here is my orange and blue fabric from the Strawberry Fayre cut into pieces. And below are the 3 samples I've put together.
Which one do you think? Top, middle or bottom? I'd like to hear any comments but can't promise I'll go with the consensus. I'm going
for the brightest one - I'm not too sure the colours have come out on the blog too well - but to be fair they are very close shades


























I did experiment a little with transfer paints today. The fabric on the left is 100% polyester organza (Bramble Patch) and on the right 100% polyester lining (Fenwicks). The idea here was to test the colours on their own to see how they worked on the different fabrics - a point of reference.
For those of you who use The Bramble Patch you might like to know they have an 'arty farty' corner. Very nice - I did buy rather allot.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll experiment a bit more.

Comments

Helen in the UK said…
I'm voting for TOP :)
Rose Marie said…
If I was doing it, I would take the small blocks that meet in the center and switch the blues around ... dark blues in the light blue patch, etc. How's that for confusing you now? :o) Otherwise, the colours are fab.
YankeeQuilter said…
I had so much fun reading through your blog. Last night I had printed out directions to get to the pumpkin patch...now that you have mentioned it in your posts I have to try and make the trip!

Siobhan

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.