Skip to main content

More from Malvern.....


I thought I'd share some more of the fantastic quilts I saw at Malvern.
The first one (above) is detail from a quilt made by Mary Kent - Distant Horizon. The embellishment on this quilt was of a very high quality and was diverse. I think you could have stood and examined it for hours - it must have been very labour intensive.
'Diamond Ring' by Carole Galbraith was expertly pieced. A traditional design but used with very strong colours and just a delight to see.

Deja Vu by Mary Cunningsworth and Judy Laquidara was really well pieced. A simple design but the way fabrics were used was really impressive. They also entered another quilt called Light and Dark. Both quilts really needed to be viewed from a distance to see the effect of shading.

Memories of Japan by Barbara Keen was another example of fabrics well used and a simple design expertly pieced.

Ollie's Quilt by Kate Elgood. A funny quilt - which sometimes result in not being put together very well; this is an exception. There is lots of detail and need to be looked at closely to really appreciate it.

And finally (you'll be pleased to hear) is M&M's Sunbeam Spectacular by Barbara Webber and Amanda Hall. What a great quilt to end on. Great use of fabrics and the piecing was amazing. It really had lots to look at.
So - that's the last of the Malvern Photos for you all. I'll be taking lots at the NEC Festival of Quilts and hopefully they'll be better quality - I'll practise lots in the meantime.
I'm still plodding on with my huge quilt - I'm on the second border - which shouldn't take too long. And then the final border will take a while - but the end is in sight. I can't wait to put the binding on.

Comments

Rose Marie said…
Lovely quilts ... thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.