Skip to main content

Completed work......


It's a minor miracle but I've actually finished a couple of things. The first photo above is the example that Brenda pinned up for our class last week. The idea is that we paint / colour pages and use these as our sketchbooks and use them to develop ideas and audition fabrics. As you can see - Brenda's are very good.
Below is my completed four page sketchbook. The idea was to use lots of different techniques to colour the pages, acrylics, watercolour, pastel chalks, oil pastels and scrunched up tissues paper. Stitching on the paper was OK - if you went slowly - and of course I'll change my needle now as I'm sure it must be rather blunt.


This page has a photo on with samples of fabric added.


A photo with the picture extended by stitching - with a gauze to distort it.



This page includes examples of stitch patterns on felt plus photos.



And finally a page of threads corded to the page with some netting added and cut.
The idea really was just to have a play - I've never done anything like this before.



And here - at long last is my dry stone wall piece. It's now fully embellished - the idea of embellishing the binding was from the Thr3fold launch the other month. Again this piece is a sample of new techniques - another adventure into the world of creativity.
So today I've got to do the ironing......

Comments

Marisa said…
You are really creative, using mixed medium, and really pushing yourself as an artist. I only work with fabric for the most part, maybe I need to think outside of the box a bit.
Ali said…
Wow! That's so inspiring. Ironing isn't, but I've got a huge heap too. Boo.

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better! Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep. On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers. An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a l...