Skip to main content

PIF...


... has arrived from Karol Ann of Sew much fabric, so little time, sew true.It so lovely to receive items in the post - and even nicer when you know they've been hand made. A lovely needle case, a card and a beaded key ring.
Thank you so much Karol Ann.
For those of you who haven't joined in yet I still have 2 spaces for people who'd like to receive packages from me in the next year. So far I've only got one response from Sally at Feather on a wire, so if there are 2 more of you out there please do drop me a line. The only thing you have to agree to is that you'll mention this on your blog and that you'll PIF 3 things. Come on.... (please)
Have any of you seen the Toplots part of E-bay? The idea is that you can bid for unique items - such as a day quilting with Janice Gunner. Have a look - there are some great lots.
I aslo picked up a copy of Selvedge - it's sooooo nice.
And I finished my Buzz Saw quilt top. I promise I'll share it with you very soon when I've got it sandwiched. It's not perfect - but I do like what it looks like.
Now I know it's already October, and I have started making little gifts for pressies - but honestly I went to out local large garden centre and it's packed with Christmas decorations and everytuing else Christmas. I'm not a grumpy old women (well not all the time) but I think it's just a bit too early. What do you think?
Hope you're all OK - have a great evening.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
Ooooh, I'm already PIF'ing or I'd sign up! This is a hard time of year to get people to sign up -- with Christmas coming. And speaking of Christmas, I'm glad to know that we're not the only wacked-out country that puts Christmas stuff in the stores so early. It's riduculous!
What is PIF I am new to blogging and very confused.
On another note we live in Brittany and I am pleased to say that christmas does not arrive here until the begining of December.
Unknown said…
I went to Asda last night and came across a whole aisle of advent calendars - DS said 'Won't the chocolate be off by December Mum?' Ridiculous - I studiously ignore everything like that as I go round on principle

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better! Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep. On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers. An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a l...