Skip to main content
Hello all. yes I'm still here. Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been away with work for quite a bit and I seem to have spent most of the weekends washing and ironing getting ready for the next week - and that's what I'll be doing when I finish this blog. Luckily July includes Sewing Camp - I can't wait.
In spite of lots of washing and ironing I have managed to play. I've decided to work through Jenny Rolfe's book 'Handmade Embroidered Purses' - I thought it would be a relatively easy to work through the examples and learn some new things - and learn how to put in zips.
So here's my first one.


I used my buttons I got from E-bay and I like the result.

An here are my naughty purchases... I thought I'd increase my stash. I bought lengths rather than fat quarters for a change. At £3.00 per yard you can't really complain.

Any way I'm off to pack my case - again.

I'm in London for the week commencing Monday 23rd of June. If any of you are free for a cuppa in Libertys please do drop me a line - it would be great to meet up with more bloggers.

Have a good week.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the purse with the buttons...so simple, but very effective.

Just got back from the Bramble's Strawberries and Cream Expo. Did you enter a quilt? I did think of you as I saw one that I thought just might be your cup of tea.

TTFN
Unknown said…
the purse is lovely with the neutral colours and the buttons, very effective. What is sewing camp - sounds like heaven!

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.