Skip to main content

Just a few things for you...

Here's my BQL January 2009 challenge. The idea is that you make a 12" quilt - it gives you the opportunity to try new techniques, colours and use up some of your stash. I'd really encourage you to have a go as it really doesn't take too long.
As it's new year it's a great opportunity to try new things and think in new ways. One thing I think we should all take more time with is in looking after ourselves. With this in mind I'd like to tell you about a new digital radio station I've found called Chill FM. They also have a website that enables you to download their podcasts - I've found listening to their meditation podcasts before I go to bed has really helped me get a good nights sleep. I'd love to hear your experiences with them.
And finally I'd like to let you know about another website that also has podcatsts available - it's Alyson Stanfield's website Art Biz Coach.com. She really puts a lot of effort into her website, newsletter and podcasts. And I'm sure you'd find lots of useful information.
I hope you'll be able to find time to look at these sites and let me know what you think.

Comments

katinspace said…
Wow! What a fabulous little quilt. I love the blend of fabrics you've used. Now you've inspired me to go back to "The Art Quilt Workbook". Last year I had begun to do some of the exercises and each chapter ends up with making a mini quilt. Its such a great idea.
I love Chill FM too - haven't tried the podcasts yet, but keep meaning too. Maybe I'll give that a go too, as I'm having a lot of problems sleeping at the moment.
Anonymous said…
I've got the binding on mine and I'm hoping to get it finished tonight. :o)
sewkalico said…
Your BQL quiltlet looks great!
Anonymous said…
Sarah Jane: Thank you for the mention. I'm honored! And I'm checking out Chill FM right this minute.
Anonymous said…
Ooops! Sorry for misspelling your name!
Lindsay Jean said…
What gorgeous contrasts! You do beautiful work.

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better! Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep. On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers. An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a l...