Skip to main content

A Saturday day out

I had a lovely day out yesterday. But before I went out Flo decided to explore the climbing plant that comes over from the garden next door. It was really funny to see the rustle of the foliage and then a head pop out. The little dark lump is Flo trying to get on the roof. The lengths she'll go to to get somewhere.
I then went to an exhibition at The Brewhouse, Burton on Trent for 'The Feel Good Factor Final Show'. The artists displayed a great range of paper art. Please do look at Gillian Taylor and Linda Marie Young websites - their work is great.
I then went onto The Lavender Patch where I had fantastic lunch and bought a couple of new lavender plants. The photo below doesn't really do justice to how beautiful the shop and cafe was - beautiful soft furnishings. The lavender is a bit late flowering but the photos on their site look amazing.
I then went onto Staunton Harold for a look round. Yet more great art to look at.
Oh and The Fabric Guild have finally set up a website - it's got loads of links to free patterns and the producers websites - it takes some time to look at all the links but it's a great resource.
I'm off now to get all my jobs done - I was having too much fun yesterday so that's the price I have to pay LOL.
Take care.

Comments

Kaye said…
Looks like you had a lovely time. I spent the weekend, talking, beading, playing with teh kids bubbles and shifting furniture - not as exciting as yours!!

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better! Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep. On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers. An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a l...