Skip to main content

You may have wondered where I've been - well we've had a week away in Lyme Regis at a very cute cottage - 'Wren Cottage'.
It was on the little side (2 up and 2 down) - but what else do you need really. It was very near to the sea front and the centre of Lyme Regis.
I fell in love with this shop Susie Cole. It was beautiful inside - organised by colour theme. It was a great shabby chic shop. I loved it - so many beautiful things.
And Ginger Beer was full of great things for living outside; bug houses, weather stations, plant signs, bags and lots and lots of other lovely things.
There were also some great galleries - Blue Lias was one I really loved. A great variety of items and all a good range of prices so anyone could buy something.
And you can't go to Lyme Regis without going fossil hunting.... DH did have to be rather patient as I'm a but of a wuss on slippy surfaces - but we did get across the beach (even with one very wet foot). So here are some photos of our little session fossil hunting:


There had been a recent landslide so you couldn't get all the way across - but we did manage to find some ammonites. 
Lyme Regis is a lovely place to visit and I'd certainly recommend a visit.
On the way home we thought we'd go the scenic way and managed to squeeze in a visit to the American Museum - to look at the quilts of course.
They've got some great quilts.
So now I'm back and looking forward to a lovely Bank Holiday weekend - hope you have fun too.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
You pictures are beautiful! And wow -- I didn't know the UK had an American museum -- and even civil war re-enactors. That's very cool. I'd love to see the quilt collection.
sewkalico said…
Looks like you had a wonderful week away!
Margaret Cooter said…
Looks like a lovely place - it's now on my "must visit" list....

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better! Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep. On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers. An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a l...