Skip to main content

Guess where I've been?

 To the seaside on holiday - back to Southwold in Suffolk.
 Yay.
 And there was sunshine - well for 2 days anyway. We were very brave and went for a paddle - it was rather warm.
 So here's a photo of the sun reflecting on the sea. It was really good.
 Here's a view from the pier to our flat - just to the left of the lighthouse.
I may have had a glass of rose in my hand at this time LOL
Some cheeky seagulls.
I saw some great art too.
Some interesting mixed media art in the Buckingham Gallery.
And some very funny characters by Samantha Bryan. They make me smile soooo much.
So much fun.
I also managed to get out last night to the Leamington Spa Embroiderers Group meeting. A really friendly bunch of ladies. The thing I'm finding so appealing about embroidery is the variety of work produced.

The speaker was Kathleen Danswan - she gave a great talk on the influence Venice has had on her work. Her work was very interesting - but seeing her sketchbooks and hearing her speak about how the city had influenced her was fantastic. She was very generous and encouraged us all to come and have a look and feel of her work.
And finally - a huge thank you to you all for keeping with me as I blog - I promise I'll try and blog more often. Thanks for all the lovely kind words and messages - it's great to know you're all out there.
Take care and I'll be back very soon.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
Oh, you lucky, lucky girl. A trip to the sea sounds just perfect -- especially as the weather is changing and sea time will be put on hold until next year!
Anonymous said…
Good for you that you got to the seaside and saw some sunshine...have you seen the weather forecast for the 24 hours!! I think I'm going to spend my time sewing!

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.