Skip to main content

Progress

 So - I hope you're all well.
As you can see I have made progress with the beading and I hope to have it finished next week. I've enjoyed working on a different scale.
And I've also found time to paint some papers. I used good quality lining paper and Brusho paints. I'm rather pleased with the results.
I'll let you know what I make them into.
I've enjoyed the sun this morning. I managed to get into the garden and hack back the buddleia. It looks a lot more open now. Still lots to do but I thought I'd spend the rest of the afternoon having a play with a few things I've got on the go.
Hope you're all well and hope to hear from you soon.

Comments

Selina said…
That bead work looks really pretty.
Kate said…
See you've been keeping busy with the beading! Managed to get my main block done too and now putting a few rows of 'seedlings' in - not on Viv's original. Been having a browse through your earlier posts- what a lot of things you've been doing! How do you find time for work? Look forward to seeing some of your pieces in Lutterworth's exhibitions.
See you soon,
Kate Jacklin
Sarah said…
You have been busy, you are lucky to belong to Lutterworth Embroiderers they seem to be a really talented and committed group.
Sarah S

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.