Skip to main content

Uttoxeter Quilt & Embroidery Exhibition 2011

Hello all - sorry for the delay in posting - I've been enjoying the sunshine and I hope you have too.
Had a fantastic day out on Sunday at Uttoxeter race course at the Quilts and Embroidery 2011 Exhibition. It was great - fab pieces on show and great company too. So I thought you might like to see some of the work on show:








Great work I'm sure you'd agree. 
A real surprise for me was the postcards we'd made at Leamington Embroiderers Guild.
It was great to see all our work on show.
Take care and enjoy the sunshine.

Comments

Selina said…
You had a very crafty weekend overall then :-)
Sarah said…
How did I manage to miss knowing about this exhibition? It looks wonderful, will have to put it in the diary for next year.
Sarah S

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.