Skip to main content

Market Bosworth Festival - Reminder

Hello All.
I hope you enjoyed the sunshine whilst it was here.
Now, this is just a little reminder for you all - it's the Market Bosworth Festival this weekend - specifically our village quilting group, Market Bosworth Quilters, are exhibiting at the Parish Hall on Park Street on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 between 11-5.  I can guarantee you'll see some great work and you'll be able to buy some lovely cake to go with a cuppa.  We're also holding a couple of raffles and we have a sales table - the proceeds of which are going to be divided between the local Girl Guide group, Scout Group and Samaritans.
There's lots to see elsewhere too.  An Art Exhibition for both days, Helen Rhodes with be demonstrating at Bosworth Gallery, Michaelmas House open their garden and Garden Studio, there's a craft market on the Saturday and farmers market and open gardens on the Sunday.  So lots and lots to see and do.  I'm sure if you come along you'll have a great time.  I'll be in the Parish Hall for most of the time - do pop along and say hi.
Regardless of what you do - have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better! Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep. On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers. An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a l...