Skip to main content

Holiday

Hello all.
Apologies for the lack of recent posts, but we've been on holiday.  So, I thought you might like to see some photos of my holiday.
The beaches in Tenby were amazing.

  
So it was great for a paddle.
We had a really lovely meal at the Ocean Restaurant.

On our way back we stopped in Hereford at a really great b&b called No 21. It was relatively close to the centre of Hereford so when we'd parked up we walked into Hereford to look at the cathedral.  I knew it would be interesting to look around, but it was even better than I expected.  If you ever get the chance, do go.
As there was an ordination service taking place we started with a cuppa and a sit down in the cloister garden.

We then went to the museum where the Mappa Mundi is on display.  Obviously I couldn't take any photos there.
After the service we did look around the cathedral - here are some photos.  If you do go, have a look at the textiles, there are lots scattered around the place.
So, now I'm back at home and hope to get back to being creative again very soon.
Take care all and promise to post again soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tenby is so pretty and the beaches in Pembrokeshire are some of the best... glad you had a good time :o)

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.