Hope you're all well and not struggling too much with the snow, cold and ice. It's a great excuse to sit by the fire and hand quilt - not that many of us need an excuse.
Apologies for disappearing - like many of you I was rather busy with the festive season. I must say I had a great Christmas an New Year and booked some extra leave so I only went back to work today. How nice a short week.Well I've been thinking about what to write - so here we go:
- I must tell you about the forthcoming exhibition at the V & A - Quilts 1700 - 2010 It looks like it's going to be a great exhibition. I've also found the curators blog - well worth a look at.
- Also, as it's new year, I have been thinking about 2009 and how It went and also looking froward to 2010 and what opportunities there are. Alyson B Stanfield makes the great suggestion - 'decide what your year will look like'. Decide that each day will be a good day and that you'll be in a good mood. What a great idea. Life is certainly a lot nicer when you're having a good day. If you haven't listened to Alyson's podcast yet - please do take the time to listen as it's really useful.
And this year I've got a few things to 'assist' with my creativity.
- I'll be attending the monthly class with Bren Boardman at The Bramble Patch
- I've also decided to keep a 'Creativity Diary' - this is where I'll note what I do EVERY DAY that's creative - it might be reading a book, investigating submitting to a quilt to an exhibition or actually doing some quilting. LOL.
- I'm also starting a course with the OU on Digital Photography (paid with Tesco vouchers) as I'd like to improve the skills I have in relation to my digital camera and how to use the software.
So what are you all up to this year? I'd love to hear from you.