Skip to main content

You may have wondered where I've been - well we've had a week away in Lyme Regis at a very cute cottage - 'Wren Cottage'.
It was on the little side (2 up and 2 down) - but what else do you need really. It was very near to the sea front and the centre of Lyme Regis.
I fell in love with this shop Susie Cole. It was beautiful inside - organised by colour theme. It was a great shabby chic shop. I loved it - so many beautiful things.
And Ginger Beer was full of great things for living outside; bug houses, weather stations, plant signs, bags and lots and lots of other lovely things.
There were also some great galleries - Blue Lias was one I really loved. A great variety of items and all a good range of prices so anyone could buy something.
And you can't go to Lyme Regis without going fossil hunting.... DH did have to be rather patient as I'm a but of a wuss on slippy surfaces - but we did get across the beach (even with one very wet foot). So here are some photos of our little session fossil hunting:


There had been a recent landslide so you couldn't get all the way across - but we did manage to find some ammonites. 
Lyme Regis is a lovely place to visit and I'd certainly recommend a visit.
On the way home we thought we'd go the scenic way and managed to squeeze in a visit to the American Museum - to look at the quilts of course.
They've got some great quilts.
So now I'm back and looking forward to a lovely Bank Holiday weekend - hope you have fun too.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
You pictures are beautiful! And wow -- I didn't know the UK had an American museum -- and even civil war re-enactors. That's very cool. I'd love to see the quilt collection.
sewkalico said…
Looks like you had a wonderful week away!
Margaret Cooter said…
Looks like a lovely place - it's now on my "must visit" list....

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.