Skip to main content

Work In Progress

Hello all. How are you? I'm great thanks.
I had a great day at the Bramble Patch yesterday - it was great to just get on and and do something different. You can see where I got to below. The Kingfisher was printed onto Lutrdor and then I free machined the colours in. As we looked at composition and I decided I hadn't made anything that was diagonal - so this is very obviously diagonal.  I also included some texture, with torn edges and lots of different types of material. I also used a mixture of stitches and threads. There is still some way to go - but our homework is to finish this piece before next week. So over the next weeks I'll show you how I get on.


And how funny is this. Both DH and me bought each other exactly the same Valentines cards. Shows what great taste we both have.
'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement: nothing can be done without hope'
Helen Keller

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL - I bet you both laughed when you opened your cards...goes to show you were made for each other!
Thimbleanna said…
Beautiful little bird Sarah Jayne! And you must have burst out laughing when you opened the cards. How fun!!!

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.