Skip to main content

Hello

Hello all.
Hope you're all well and have been making the most of the great weather.
I was off on Thursday and went to watch a stage of the Tour of Britain. I did take some photos - but they aren't great.  I think you either need to watch something as fast as a cycle race or concentrate on taking photos.  I watched the race as I wanted to make sure I got a glimpse of Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish.  Easy to spot as they were both near the front of the main group.

This isn't Mark Cavendish.  He was riding a bike.  But I thought it looked funny.  
This is the main group - as I said I was watching the race...
I've also been doing some gardening as the weather has been so nice.  I've sown some sweet peas as I keep hearing that sewing in the autumn gets better results.  I've also dug out and planted up some foxgloves and aquilegia. 
So when I've made a bit more progress I'll show you how it's going.
Not much progress on the sewing front at the mo - but I will get on with some this weekend.
Take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.