Skip to main content
Hello all. yes I'm still here. Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been away with work for quite a bit and I seem to have spent most of the weekends washing and ironing getting ready for the next week - and that's what I'll be doing when I finish this blog. Luckily July includes Sewing Camp - I can't wait.
In spite of lots of washing and ironing I have managed to play. I've decided to work through Jenny Rolfe's book 'Handmade Embroidered Purses' - I thought it would be a relatively easy to work through the examples and learn some new things - and learn how to put in zips.
So here's my first one.


I used my buttons I got from E-bay and I like the result.

An here are my naughty purchases... I thought I'd increase my stash. I bought lengths rather than fat quarters for a change. At £3.00 per yard you can't really complain.

Any way I'm off to pack my case - again.

I'm in London for the week commencing Monday 23rd of June. If any of you are free for a cuppa in Libertys please do drop me a line - it would be great to meet up with more bloggers.

Have a good week.

Comments

Love the purse with the buttons...so simple, but very effective.

Just got back from the Bramble's Strawberries and Cream Expo. Did you enter a quilt? I did think of you as I saw one that I thought just might be your cup of tea.

TTFN
Unknown said…
the purse is lovely with the neutral colours and the buttons, very effective. What is sewing camp - sounds like heaven!

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.