Skip to main content

Ooops!!

Hi. Yes I'm still here.
Sorry about that - I didn't realise it had been almost a month. Anyway no great excuses - so I'll just crack on.
The piece below is made up of the left over binding and pieces of fabric I had left from my Bosworth Water Tower. I thought I could use it to try out a few ideas and techniques rather than have them on lots of bits of calico sandwiches all over the place. I promise I'll post it when it's finished.
In my Bramble Patch Class, Bren set us all a 'postcard challenge'. The idea was to exchange postcards and use them as as inspiration to make a gift for the person whose postcard it was.
I forgot to take a photo of the postcard - but it was of a bicycle under a tree in a wild flower meadow with the Oscar Wilde quote of 'I can resist anything but temptation'. Well I can resist anything except tea and cake - so that was what I made.
I received a beautiful Dream Catcher with a dragon fly on it. I'll take a photo for next time.
And as it's the last class for the summer (we meet again in September) I thought I'd take in a Birthday cake - it's just under a month early. I hope you can all see the patchwork flowers on it....
And finally I did the Race for Life on Wednesday last week at Warwick Racecourse. I'm very impressed I managed it - I did jog all of the way (well except when DH was there to let me have a drink). If you'd like to sponsor me - you still can - here's a link to my sponsorship page.
http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sarahadcock3
Many thanks to you who have already done so.
Well - that's it for now. Have a great weekend.

Comments

Whoohoo I knew you'd manage it! I thought about you the other day as someone else was talking about the Race for Life in Warwick.
Love the cake decorations..someone was very clever there :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Outstanding Projects

Do you remember when this... became this? Well - It's time to get it finished.  This is my next project.  I intend to hand quilt kit with big black stitches. I always like to have a hand quilting project.
Last night I went to the Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild talk.  It was a great talk from Gizella K Warburton.  She shared her work with us - both textile work and photographs.  I really enjoyed seeing both.  Do have a look at her work.  It's abstract and uses some great fabrics which give the feel of the countryside.  These images give you a hint at the work Gizella produces. I hope to make progress with a few things this weekend and I'll post about it next week. Have a great weekend.

Jean Littlejohn class

The Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild were very fortunate to have Jean Littlejohn teaching. I think most of the class managed to finish their morning piece - which was a small stitched picture that we then embellished.  For me it was a first with an embellisher and Jean generously let us use her machine.  The second piece was stitched with a more open weave fabric than many of us were used to sewing with. Jean generously provided this fabric that was dyed and she also provided a size 14 Chenille needle - again much larger than we were used to, but the big eye enabled us to use a thinker thread to fill the space. We then bond webbed and foiled over the stitches,  So - a great class. Here are some photos from the day:
I'll post more photos as the work progresses.

Market Bosworth Festival

The Festival was a great success this year.  It was lovely to meet some of my blog readers... you know who you are. Above is a photo of Helen Rhodes who was demonstrating in the Bosworth gallery.  She's so nice and produces great work - do have a look at her website.  Here's a photo of the Town Crier - not sure where he was from, but he looked very smart in his outfit.  And here is the lovely Bee Design stand.  She also makes great paper products.  I wanted to show you the quilt Phyllis made using Edwina's 'cut and come again' method.  It was very popular with visitors.  I thought you'd like to see some of the work completed by some of the ladies who were beginners and are now producing great work.  If you'd like to know more about classes drop me a line and I'll forward you details on.  Don't worry I don't teach - the lovely Linda does.  Here is my small contribution to the show.  At long last I finished hand quilting with a seed stitch and got the …