Skip to main content

Happy New Year

Hello,
I seem to have missed Christmas with you all - sorry about that. I hope you all had a nice time - I had a lovely time. I managed to cook the turkey and not kill any of the family. They all managed to eat most of their dinner too. Unfortunately my mum was ill so couldn't come along for dinner - but I did send her a doggy bag round.
I've had a great time off work - making stars from a great book I had for Christmas - Scrap Quilt Sensations by Katherine Guerrier. It's an easy to follow book and I'm pleased with the accuracy of the stars I've made.
I've also enjoyed having the time to cook - the Spicy pork and chilli pepper goulash from the Jamie at Home book is delicious - give it a try.
Have any of you dared to make New Year's Resolutions? I'm going to have a think about them and see if I can think of some fun ones.
Have a great New year and I'll see you in 2009...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy New Year to you too! No set resolutions for 2009 - just want to be more on top of things and more organized.

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.