Skip to main content

Just a few things for you...

Here's my BQL January 2009 challenge. The idea is that you make a 12" quilt - it gives you the opportunity to try new techniques, colours and use up some of your stash. I'd really encourage you to have a go as it really doesn't take too long.
As it's new year it's a great opportunity to try new things and think in new ways. One thing I think we should all take more time with is in looking after ourselves. With this in mind I'd like to tell you about a new digital radio station I've found called Chill FM. They also have a website that enables you to download their podcasts - I've found listening to their meditation podcasts before I go to bed has really helped me get a good nights sleep. I'd love to hear your experiences with them.
And finally I'd like to let you know about another website that also has podcatsts available - it's Alyson Stanfield's website Art Biz Coach.com. She really puts a lot of effort into her website, newsletter and podcasts. And I'm sure you'd find lots of useful information.
I hope you'll be able to find time to look at these sites and let me know what you think.

Comments

katinspace said…
Wow! What a fabulous little quilt. I love the blend of fabrics you've used. Now you've inspired me to go back to "The Art Quilt Workbook". Last year I had begun to do some of the exercises and each chapter ends up with making a mini quilt. Its such a great idea.
I love Chill FM too - haven't tried the podcasts yet, but keep meaning too. Maybe I'll give that a go too, as I'm having a lot of problems sleeping at the moment.
I've got the binding on mine and I'm hoping to get it finished tonight. :o)
sewkalico said…
Your BQL quiltlet looks great!
Sarah Jane: Thank you for the mention. I'm honored! And I'm checking out Chill FM right this minute.
Ooops! Sorry for misspelling your name!
Lindsay Jean said…
What gorgeous contrasts! You do beautiful work.

Popular posts from this blog

Outstanding Projects

Do you remember when this... became this? Well - It's time to get it finished.  This is my next project.  I intend to hand quilt kit with big black stitches. I always like to have a hand quilting project.
Last night I went to the Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild talk.  It was a great talk from Gizella K Warburton.  She shared her work with us - both textile work and photographs.  I really enjoyed seeing both.  Do have a look at her work.  It's abstract and uses some great fabrics which give the feel of the countryside.  These images give you a hint at the work Gizella produces. I hope to make progress with a few things this weekend and I'll post about it next week. Have a great weekend.

Jean Littlejohn class

The Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild were very fortunate to have Jean Littlejohn teaching. I think most of the class managed to finish their morning piece - which was a small stitched picture that we then embellished.  For me it was a first with an embellisher and Jean generously let us use her machine.  The second piece was stitched with a more open weave fabric than many of us were used to sewing with. Jean generously provided this fabric that was dyed and she also provided a size 14 Chenille needle - again much larger than we were used to, but the big eye enabled us to use a thinker thread to fill the space. We then bond webbed and foiled over the stitches,  So - a great class. Here are some photos from the day:
I'll post more photos as the work progresses.

Market Bosworth Festival

The Festival was a great success this year.  It was lovely to meet some of my blog readers... you know who you are. Above is a photo of Helen Rhodes who was demonstrating in the Bosworth gallery.  She's so nice and produces great work - do have a look at her website.  Here's a photo of the Town Crier - not sure where he was from, but he looked very smart in his outfit.  And here is the lovely Bee Design stand.  She also makes great paper products.  I wanted to show you the quilt Phyllis made using Edwina's 'cut and come again' method.  It was very popular with visitors.  I thought you'd like to see some of the work completed by some of the ladies who were beginners and are now producing great work.  If you'd like to know more about classes drop me a line and I'll forward you details on.  Don't worry I don't teach - the lovely Linda does.  Here is my small contribution to the show.  At long last I finished hand quilting with a seed stitch and got the …