Skip to main content

Day out

Hello,
Yes - I'm still alive. I managed to catch the wonderful viral infection that DH had and I've spent most of the last week in bed. I now have a delightful cough left - but I am feeling so much better. I think most of the UK must have had it by now.
And my first day out was a really good one - and of course sewing related. As I'd been going to the monthly classes at the Bramble Patch I hadn't been free (or had the time) to attend any of the events with the Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters - but yesterday I did. And it was a really good day. It's great value for money - only £4.00 and that includes tea and coffee for the day and cake is only 50p per slice ( and very nice too). The talk is usually in the afternoon - but this time it was in the morning - it was given by Amanda Hall of Monkey Buttons. Lots of talk about bags.... Amanda started the talk by saying she had 36 hours in her day - I think she must have at least 48 as she seems to get sooooo much done. I feel like I have about 7 LOL.
The afternoon was spent having a good chat with lovely people like Jane from Sew Create it and her daughter, Lynda and lots of other very friendly attendees - quilters really are a friendly lot.
I promise I'll have a photo of my BQL challenge next time - I'm making good progress but want to wait until it's finished before I post it.
See you soon.

Comments

Selina said…
Glad you're feeling better. I thought I'd managed to avoid the viruses but no such luck! Ill at the mo.

Have decided to take a year off from editing The Girly Comic so I can do other creative stuff... so I even ahve a go at quilting!
Thimbleanna said…
Your day out sounds so fun! Did Jane manage to convince you to join the Signature Swap that she is helping to host? We need more UK girls, so you should join us!

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.