Skip to main content

Spring has sprung...

I just had to go for a walk this morning to take a photo of these lambs - I just love to see them jumping around on their little fat legs.


As I haven't posted for a couple of weeks (sorry!) I thought I'd post lots of photos and not say too much....

Below is my piece I entered into the exhibition at Bramble Patch called Poetic Licence - it's open until Saturday 18th April. If you do have a chance to go please do as the work there is really good and there is so much variety.


Here's my entry for the Trentham, Quilts in the Garden show. I was really pleased wit the result - but as it was hung next to a really bright quilt it looked rather dull.

I've also posted photos of the quilts entered by other members of our group. Again a really varied group of quilts.

If you don't like huge quilt shows this is a really good one to go to. It's small enough to get around and there are a good number of stalls to buy material, books and art products. Also if you take your partner with you they can have a look at the retail village - or just sit and have a coffee.


And here's what I bought...... I'm sure you'll see them pop up soon.




If you want to learn how to make this scrappy Irish Chain above, Linda is running a class at the Bramble Patch on Thursday 23rd July. The class is called Double Irish Coffee.


And this one really made me smile - I love the Santa cat......
Hope you all had a good Easter.

Comments

Oooh I'm glad I checked your blog...I'm heading down the A5 today to the Heart of the Shires and now I'll just have to go that bit further to the bramble patch....Field trip!! :o)
Kaye said…
THe lambs remind me of my three kittles skipping in the garden!

Like your buys, look forward to seeing what you do with them. Do I spy some green in there?
Shell said…
love the little lambs too,some nice inspirational quilts there.

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.