Skip to main content

Busy busy busy


So here is the finished item I was teasing you wit on one of my previous posts. It was a cushion I made for a friend for her birthday. She was really please with it.
I've also spent the last 2 days at the Bramble Patch with Sheena Norquay - and here are the results from the end of day one:
We started by using an array of items to print with on my dyed fabric. We used lids, corks, screws, cotton reels and cotton buds. I promise to post the results when I've finished it. I've also managed to  master the use of metallic thread - I had a bit of an issue with it and have been rather nervous about using it.  But I can only say I can free motion quilt with metallic thread. Yay.
And I'll be off to Bramble Patch again on Saturday for another lovely day with Bren.
Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really interesting circles. The cushion is gorgeous.
Lovely gift for your friend Sarah. I'd be interested in knowing which courses you would recommend at The Bramble Patch - they all sound intriguing - I can never decide which interests me the most.

Popular posts from this blog

Outstanding Projects

Do you remember when this... became this? Well - It's time to get it finished.  This is my next project.  I intend to hand quilt kit with big black stitches. I always like to have a hand quilting project.
Last night I went to the Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild talk.  It was a great talk from Gizella K Warburton.  She shared her work with us - both textile work and photographs.  I really enjoyed seeing both.  Do have a look at her work.  It's abstract and uses some great fabrics which give the feel of the countryside.  These images give you a hint at the work Gizella produces. I hope to make progress with a few things this weekend and I'll post about it next week. Have a great weekend.

How to avoid lots of unpicking!

As I'd made good progress with making up this quilt top I had the bright idea to add a 'fillet' of yellow to brighten it up and add a couple of borders. So the idea was there - but how to do it wasn't - hence lots of unpicking.  I thought I'd share how I worked it out so you could avoid the unpicking So cut a 1 inch strip, iron in half and baste along the outer edge of the quilt. I basted along the edge so they be picked out easily - there is still a bit of unpicking.  Then stitch on the next border. 
Then press out and remove the basting. YAY. How else can you spend a damp Bank Holiday weekend. Hope you're all enjoying sewing too. Best wishes