Skip to main content

Open University Digital Photography course

Hello - I thought you might like to see the results of my OU Digital Photography course. There are a selection I'm submitting for my final assessment. SO let me know what you think.

Rusty beach view


Rock pool reflections


Moody canal view


Woodland walk


Light shining through leaves


Cones


Poppy


Scrap Metal


Market Bosworth Water Tower doorway


Ghostly ducks

Oh - and people keep telling me I remind them of Miranda... I'm never sure how to take that!

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
They're all so beautiful. I especially love the light coming through the leaves. And, I don't know who Miranda is???
Helen said…
they look great. Very arty. This digital photography course must have been very educational.
I agree with Thimbleanna who is Miranda? Or do you mean my sister (lol)
Susan D said…
Hi from a previous T189er, wasn't it a good course. I especially like 'rock pool reflections' and 'scrap metal'. Good luck with your assessment.
I love the door one and woodland walk - very arty photo's well done.
artmixter said…
I particularly like the first image, very tactile.
Sarah said…
Really like the Rusty Beach view, good texture definition and I love seeing the view through the hole! Looks like its been an excellent course.
Sarah S

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.