Skip to main content

More stuff...

 Hello all. Hope you're well and enjoying 2011.
So here are some more things I've started on and progress I've made with others.
So the first photo of a project measures approximately 9" x 11". I've used my potassium permanganate dyed fabric and I'll be stitching on them - hopefully later today.
 Here's the progress I've made with my fabric paper. I've started stitching and will be doing a little bit at a time. Not too sure how I'm going to use these - but it means I can keep my and in with free machine embroidery.
 Yesterday I went to the Leamington & District Embroiderers Guild Members Day. It was really good - a really good group of people. For those of you who saw the broach I made for my friend for her birthday (see photo below) I had the pleasure to meet the lady who wrote the article in Stitch. She very kindly told me about her blog - well worth a look.

You may well be wondering what the photo of a book is doing. 
Well - altered books here I come. 
The Leamington & District Embroiderers Guild have a small group who will each be selecting a topic and then the book will be passed around the group - with each interpreting the topic. I'm a little bit nervous - but am looking forward to the challenge. Again I'll share my progress with you.
And just a quick update on the cake I baked and froze. Well it was defrosted and warmed and we had it with ice cream and cream. Hmmmmm it was very good. So I'd certainly recommend the Sticky Pear and Ginger Cake.
So - hope you all have a good day and hope to hear from you all soon. 
Thank you so very much for the comments it's great to know you're all out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.