Skip to main content

Angie Hughes class

Hi all. Yes surprise surprise - here's another post. Just got back from a class with Angie Hughes organised by the Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild. It was so popular we had to book her for an extra day. 
Had a great time and wanted to share with you what we all got up to.
 So here's what I ended up with. For those of you who know - you'll see there's a lot of work left to go.
And below is another piece I managed to get started on - much bigger and a different colour scheme - lets see how it goes.
If you get the chance do Google her please do as there are lots of images out there of her work as well as lots on her site.
If you get the chance to take a class with Angie - please do - I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.
I also popped in to see the Market Bosworth Quilters yesterday. Theye were taking a class with Edwina MacKinnon. Another great teacher.

Comments

Sarah said…
This is working out really well, its such fun spraying the ink over everything and thinking about how to and what to remove, I really enjoyed doing this with Angie too.
Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.