Skip to main content

Uttoxeter Quilt Show

Hello all.
Just wanted to show a few images from my day out at the Uttoxeter Quilt Show.  I had a really nice day with a couple of the girls from Market Bosworth Quilters.
So here are my purchases - I think I was quite restrained.
Firstly a book called 'How to be Creative in Textile Art' by Julia Triston and Rachel Lombard.  I'm very impressed with it and hope I'll work my through it.
I also bought some lovely fabrics from Images of Egypt (plain fabrics) and Batiks n Beads (batiks surprisingly).  I really like these - lets see what happens with them.
 I also wanted to share some of the quilts I saw there.  
When I was on holiday I bought some beautiful daffodils and these reminded me of them. 
 Below is an awful photo of a great quilt.  Made by one of the girls in Market Bosworth Quilters - it really isn't her usual style.  Very abstract.
 Circles - you can never go wrong.
 And here's another one by one of the girls in Market Bosworth Quilters.  I even managed to make one of these blocks with the curves.  No where near as impressive as these.
Oh and there was a lady there selling some great jewellery - Sticks and Stones.  have a look, very reasonably priced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better! Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep. On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers. An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a l...