Skip to main content

Quilt and Stitch Village 2014 - Uttoxeter Race course

Well, another day out.  This time to the Quilt and Stitch Village at Uttoxeter Racecourse.
I didn't have the opportunity to visit last year so I wasn't too sure what to expect as the organiser changed.
It was a really good show. Lots to see and do, good facilities, great traders and interesting displays at a very reasonable entry price and free car parking (unlike the £10 charge at the Festival of Quilts).
So here are some photos of the work I saw. Please accept my apologies as some of the photos are rather poor.
One of the most interesting displays was the entries for the WW1 themed pieces.  They were made to a very high quality and also you could see lots of time had spent on the design.  There were a number that were very thought provoking. 


 I liked the idea of combining a traditional Dresden Plate with Kantha stitch


I really liked these pieces.
And I thought this one was an interesting use of repeat.

And I just love how well this piece has replicated a tiled roof.
There were lots of quality traders with a good range of types of fabric and Hilary Beattie was also demoing. A really good day out with just a little bit of shopping...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.