Skip to main content

More stuff

Hello all.
Where has the year gone? How come it's July already? And apologies for not having posted for some time. I've been very busy so hope you'll like some of the photos I have to share.
So, I was very fortunate to attend a class with Jean Littlejohn with the Lutterworth Embroiders Guild.
Here is my work in progress:

  

  
 And here are the pieces at the end of the day
  And here is a piece I finished from my last class with Jean:
I had a fab time last weekend.  It was the village arts festival and I was asked by the Market Bosworth Quilters to demo FMQ on the Saturday. Well - sitting sewing, drinking tea (which was brought around by the lovely Andy) and talking - it was a no brainer.  I had a lovely time.
I also had a quilt on show.  A little blue Disappearing Nine Patch that I hand quilted. I do love hand quilting - but it's a little too warm at the moment to have a big quilt on your knee.

I also attended the West Midlands Embroiderers Guild Regional Day that the Leamington branch organised.  It was a great day. The location, North Leamington School was great - all one level, lots of parking and a great lecture theatre.  The talks were given by Professor Giorgio Riello of Warwick University, titled "Decorating Textiles" and Nicola Jarvis, talk titled 'all that glisters'. Please do look at their blog as it has some great photos.

I also attended a presentation by The History Wardrobe on 'Women and the Great War'. As ever they were amazing and I leant so many things about the war, womens role in the war and, of course, textiles.

So you can see - I have been rather busy.  But the days are less packed and hopefully I should get some of my own work done.

Are you all ready for the Festival of Quilts. Not long to go now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.