Skip to main content

Christmas preparation

Hello - I hope you're all OK and not too over wrought with your Christmas preparation. I've noticed blog postings have slowed down - which isn't surprising considering women do tend to have the most to do around Christmas. Honestly I'm not going to moan about it - it's just how it is for most of us. I'm doing OK - so far. I've managed to write out most of my cards and get the presents wrapped that need to be posted this week. I do still need to do a bit more shopping - but nothing too major.

There is a reason why I'm cracking on with things and that's because my mum is coming to stay with us over Christmas as she'll be recovering from a hysterectomy due to a prolapse womb. I had booked two weeks leave to sew - but as my sewing room has been converted into the spare bedroom now - things have changed. I will still be sewing (as otherwise I think I'd go mad) but it will need a bit more planning and I won't be able to leave it out as I would do in the sewing room. But - that's the way things go isn't it and we juts have to try to make the best of it.

Comments

Unknown said…
you sound very organised about Christmas - and I'm inspired by your positive attitude to not having your sewing room - I hope you get lots done anyway and enjoy having your mum with you
Hope your mom's surgery goes well. Thinking of you both :o)
Sarah said…
Oh yes! I posted my cards and packages yesterday - Hooray! I hope your mom has a full recovery, and that you all have a blessed holiday!
Rachel said…
I hate it when my well laid plans go awry. (sigh) I guess that's life. I hope that you find a way to get all your sewing done. It sounds like you have grand plans.
Thimbleanna said…
Oh Sarah, I hope your mom's surgery and recovery go well -- what a big help you will be to her I'm sure. Hopefully you'll still be able to squeeze some little sewing in!

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.