Skip to main content

More haste, less speed

When will I ever learn. I was so excited that I'd got the top and the back finished from Brenda's class that I completely forgot some very basic quilting rules. Like the one that suggests you should start in the middle and work out - I just started in a random fashion as I needed to ensure the thread was used in a random way across the piece. This meant I ended up with puckered bits. I also think I could have made the sandwich a bit better - a bit tighter. So now I'm unpicking all of the bits I've machined. Bit of a pain but when you know it's not working at the start there's no way it'll look right later on. I did take it to work today and they said 'no-one will notice' - but I'd like to have quite close quilting so the puckered bits would just get worse and worse.
So it's back to the unpicking...
I've also got the job of tidying up my sewing room so my friend can get in the spare bed when she comes to stay on Friday.

Comments

Donna said…
at least you have the sense to unpick now -- I tend to press ahead a long way before admitting I can't make it better :-(
verobirdie said…
I've made this error once, and like quilt pixie, I went a long way before admitting it. Now I start whatever I'm working on by the center :-)
Helen in the UK said…
Oh, I HATE unpicking. But as the others have said - better to do it now than get much further along and realise you will never be happy with it :(

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.