Skip to main content

May Day Bank Holiday weekend and other stuff

Hello all.
In the UK Bank Holidays have a reputation for having rubbish weather, which suits the British as we love to moan about the weather.  This weekend has been a typical mixed bag. Friday was very nice and I managed to split a Japanese Anemone, and replant the parts. So I was pleased when it rained heavily yesterday as it saved me watering them in.
The weather also gave me the opportunity to spend the day tidying my sewing room. I have managed to tidy the cupboard. It's all labelled, and hopefully, it makes a bit more sense. I must say it was very satisfying. So no excuses now ....
I went to the British Quilt and Stitch Village at Uttoxeter Racecourse last weekend. It's a relatively low key event, well anything is compared to Festival of Quilts. There's a good mix of quilting, embroidery and traders. So, here are a few photos from the event:


 This is a beautiful example of embroidery. Beautiful muted fabrics and lots and lots of stitching.
 
I loved the Modern Quilts that were part of the competition. It was interesting to see how traditional techniques are being used in such a different way.


And this is a rather poor photo of a prize wining quilting by someone I know.
I also attended a design class with Jan Baker, who is a member of the Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild.
She was very patient with us all and I found it very useful to be reminded of the design process.  It's certainly something I'll look at again.  
Here are a few photos:
 So here is Jan, in full flow, providing direction and sharing her fabulous sketchbooks. 
Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.