As promised here are the results of my dyeing class at the Bramble Patch. I felt very unprepared for the class - entirely my own fault as I'd been away with work quite frequently between classes. However - considering how unprepared I was I'm really pleased with the results. I', also looking forward to over dyeing them in the next class and screen printing too (you know how I love screen printing).
I've also had my letter from Malvern to confirm 'The Water Tower' is entered for the exhibition. I've no idea how it will compare with other entries - so we'll just have to wait and see in May.
So here are my results... (lots of photos)
Microwave dyed - calico. Just placed in the bag.
Microwave dyed - silk dupion.
Poly bag dyed - white manufactured cotton - close up below.
- Silk fabrics take the dyes really well.
- Calico (a good quality) works well.
- Poly bag dying produces subtle results.
- Microwave dyeing is quick and produces intense colours
- Tray dyeing allows you to control the dye placement and allows you to dye larger pieces of fabric.