Skip to main content

Hello...

... sorry I didn't realise I hadn't posted for so long.

Not been up to too much lately. We had our class at Bramble Patch and our tutor, Bren Boardman told us about an exhibition she has on in Rugby - have a look at her site for more info. I'm hoping to be able to go along next week.

Tomorrow I'm off to a Quilters Guild Region 11 day at Kenilworth - I'm even baking a cake for it - bit of a rare event. I'm not too sure what to expect as I haven't been to one before - but as it'll be full of quilters I'm sure it'll be great. I'm going with a couple of the girls from our group so it's bound to be a great day. We're also going to hand over the neo-natal quilts we made for their challenge - it'll be great to see what other people did.

I also got the latest issue of Selvedge yesterday - it's such a lovely magazine. Please do go and have a look at one if you haven't seen a copy before.

Did any of you notice Patti's blog being reviewed in the latest British Patchwork and Quilting magazine? She didn't know it had been included so I've posted her a copy of it - I hope she'll receive it early next week.

Sorry they're aren't any photos - but I'll take one of my cake (if it looks OK) and some of tomorrow's event.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Comments

Patti said…
Thanks for mentioning this on your blog! I've not mentioned it yet as I'm waiting to see it first. My friend Kathie in New Jersey found a new issue of the magazine on the newstand on Thursday, but it was the September issue. She said they were just putting it out. Odd - they must arrive here much later in the month than you get them.

Thanks so much again for sending me a copy!

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.