Skip to main content

Quilting Open Day

We had a great day yesterday at our Open Quilting Day and hopefully we've got a few new members - we'll have to wait and see.
I'm sorry to say I forgot to take any pictures - although I did have my camera in my bag. The day was very relaxed and we just sat and chatted to all the visitors about what we did and about the samples we'd taken and what we were working on. I'd taken my free machine embroidery samples, the new Sunburst quilt and my raggy cushion. Barry was working on his applique and the rest were at various stages of cutting, binding and making up blocks and adding them to their sticky sheet. I think between us we had all stages of quilting covered.
Everyone was asked to bring along cake - and it was all very, very nice. Unfortunately it didn't all go so DH had to have some when he got home - he thought it was all very good too.
A great day - but boy was I shattered when I got home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry I didn't make it to your open day..things around the house (chores) got the better of me and before I knew it the day was gone. Hopefully we can catch up soon..perhaps for coffee at the Heart of the Shires or something. Just let me know when you are heading this way. TTFN :o)
Thimbleanna said…
Sounds like you had a good day! Sometimes we just have to go and "live" the moment, instead of worrying about taking pictures.

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.