Skip to main content

Free Book - really?

How often do you get something for free these days? Not that often - generally there's a catch. Well - I have something to give away - and so do 19,999 other people. Between us we have 1 million books to give away on World Book Night - Saturday the 5th March 2011. 
I'll be giving away 50 copies of Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell at Ye Olde Red Lion in Market Bosworth between 5 and 7.
So if you can't get across to see me look out in your local area for events.
Hope some of you will be able to make it.

Comments

Jacqui Chimes said…
Wow Sarah - how brilliant - i only just found out about this event - if I'd known i would have tried to be a giver away - might find my way to Market Bosworth but sadly I already have a copy of this book. Hope you are well
Sarah said…
So pleased that you have got this opportunity, I thought it was a stunning idea, books are such an important part of being human. Sadly I too already own a copy!
Sarah S

Popular posts from this blog

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.