Skip to main content

Malvern show - photo transfer

I thought I'd go through some of the photos I took at Malvern to illustrate some techniques I noticed. Brenda suggested that when we visit a show we should be clear why we are visiting it - what we want to gain. Now if all you want is a nice day out - great - but if you want to see what techniques are used and how they are used, then that's what you should take note of. Malvern isn't the biggest show going - it's not on the same scale at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC; however, don't think this means the quality is any less. I really enjoyed the day out and saw lots of different techniques used in very different ways. So in this post I'll include some photos that I think show the ways in which photo transfer have been used - you may like some more than others, but the idea is just to see how they are used. Please excuse the quality - I'm still getting used to our digital camera.















Comments

GiftImage team said…
Your point about deciding what to learn before visiting a show is useful for organizing the photos afterward. For a technique such as photo transfer, a simple record could pair an overall view with a close detail and a note about what caught your attention: scale, placement or how the transferred image meets the stitching. Recording the maker’s name and title alongside the images also keeps the reference useful later. Where photography is allowed, that small structure can turn a large camera folder into a practical technique notebook. Disclosure: I’m commenting on behalf of GiftImage.