Skip to main content

Workroom and Linus day


Well here we all are at the Bramble Patch on a Linus Day. We all had a great time - very relaxing but you know you're making a small contribution.


Next are my bargain books from Amazon UK. The three large ones were only £3.00 each and I just thought that 'Zen and the art of quilting' would be a fun book to look at.



And finally - I've been very envious of those of you who have been re-vamping their craft rooms - well this is my small effort. DH very kindly put up these two cork noticeboards so I can use them as mood boards for me to look at whilst I'm sewing.
The weather has been very strange lately - freezing on Sunday - humid today and just lots and lots of rain.

Comments

Helen in the UK said…
How fun to attend a get together to sew for Project Linus - wish I was closer!
Susan D said…
I'd not hear of Project Linus but just googled it to find out more. What a lovely idea. I'll have to find out if there is one in my area.

Popular posts from this blog

A new experience

Hello, After reading and looking at so many inspiring blogs I thought I'd dip my toe in the water. I hope you'll stick with me whilst I master this new thing..... I've only been quilting for a few years but have always been involved in crafts. My first experience of quilting was with my great aunt - the old fashioned paper hexagons with material from cut up purchases from jumble sales. I have advanced from this but I'm not the world's greatest quilter - although I am enthusiastic. The photo above is my quilt entered to Quilts in the Garden at Trentham last weekend. Although I didn't win a prize one of our group came third in the Bed Quilt category - we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I also have a bit of a thing for making bags - this comes in usful when we need things for our sales table at the village Festival (I can assure you they'll be lots more about this as we get nearer to the event). Hope you've enjoyed my first attempt...... I hope this pos...

At long last ......

At long last it's finished. My first large (96 x 78 inches) quilt. I'm really pleased with the pieced binding. It took a while to finish off - but I really like it. I've still got a bit of tidying up and I need to add a label - but the hard slog is finished. So I feel a bit lost now without a huge quilt to sit and stitch when I fancy. You can see from below I've already got the fabric for my next project from Strawberry Fayre. And yet again it was great service - really fast. I've washed the fabric and now it needs a good press. I also need to make sure I think about how the cut the fabric so I don't end up with lots of bits. The larger pieces I'll piece to make the back.

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.