Skip to main content

Brenda's class

Well here we are again having a great day at The Bramble Patch. It was so nice to meet up with everyone and see what they've been up to. One piece of homework one lady undertook was to get very large pieces of paper and to make marks on it whilst listening to a piece of music. he results were very interesting - and we ended up having the music on for the rest of the lesson which was really nice for a change. We then all came up with lots of ideas about how the work could be progressed. Brenda also discussed the programme for next year - it sounds great.

You can see from the boards above some of the work started. From the left is a piece that will form the background of her work and the mood board associated with it. Next is my piece that I've now completed but still needs lots of work. The final piece is a length of fabric that was dyed. I think they all look great and they show the variety of work we all make. It was a really relaxed day and was so nice to have a catch up.


Popular posts from this blog

Outstanding Projects

Do you remember when this... became this? Well - It's time to get it finished.  This is my next project.  I intend to hand quilt kit with big black stitches. I always like to have a hand quilting project.
Last night I went to the Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild talk.  It was a great talk from Gizella K Warburton.  She shared her work with us - both textile work and photographs.  I really enjoyed seeing both.  Do have a look at her work.  It's abstract and uses some great fabrics which give the feel of the countryside.  These images give you a hint at the work Gizella produces. I hope to make progress with a few things this weekend and I'll post about it next week. Have a great weekend.
Hello all, Apologies to you for the gap between posts.  I've been a little preoccupied with getting our bathroom sorted. It's amazing how you can have work done in one room of the house and the rest of the house turns into absolute chaos. And why has everything started to break, microwave, washing machine, kettle...  Anyway - as I keep being reminded it has to get worse before it gets better!
Our little kittens are growing fast - they are quite leggy now and still very fast. I'll try to get a photo of them. It will have to be when they're asleep.
On the sewing front I'm still working on my NYB swap. I'm making progress but the deadline is a little nearer than I'd like. Tomorrow I hope to be able to make some more progress with the NYB without my little helpers.
An exciting development has also been happening. I've been teaching at Coles in Nottingham. They have a really well laid out spacious first floor room for classes.  It has a lift so anyone with mobilit…