Skip to main content

PIF...


... has arrived from Karol Ann of Sew much fabric, so little time, sew true.It so lovely to receive items in the post - and even nicer when you know they've been hand made. A lovely needle case, a card and a beaded key ring.
Thank you so much Karol Ann.
For those of you who haven't joined in yet I still have 2 spaces for people who'd like to receive packages from me in the next year. So far I've only got one response from Sally at Feather on a wire, so if there are 2 more of you out there please do drop me a line. The only thing you have to agree to is that you'll mention this on your blog and that you'll PIF 3 things. Come on.... (please)
Have any of you seen the Toplots part of E-bay? The idea is that you can bid for unique items - such as a day quilting with Janice Gunner. Have a look - there are some great lots.
I aslo picked up a copy of Selvedge - it's sooooo nice.
And I finished my Buzz Saw quilt top. I promise I'll share it with you very soon when I've got it sandwiched. It's not perfect - but I do like what it looks like.
Now I know it's already October, and I have started making little gifts for pressies - but honestly I went to out local large garden centre and it's packed with Christmas decorations and everytuing else Christmas. I'm not a grumpy old women (well not all the time) but I think it's just a bit too early. What do you think?
Hope you're all OK - have a great evening.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
Ooooh, I'm already PIF'ing or I'd sign up! This is a hard time of year to get people to sign up -- with Christmas coming. And speaking of Christmas, I'm glad to know that we're not the only wacked-out country that puts Christmas stuff in the stores so early. It's riduculous!
What is PIF I am new to blogging and very confused.
On another note we live in Brittany and I am pleased to say that christmas does not arrive here until the begining of December.
anne bebbington said…
I went to Asda last night and came across a whole aisle of advent calendars - DS said 'Won't the chocolate be off by December Mum?' Ridiculous - I studiously ignore everything like that as I go round on principle

Popular posts from this blog

Outstanding Projects

Do you remember when this... became this? Well - It's time to get it finished.  This is my next project.  I intend to hand quilt kit with big black stitches. I always like to have a hand quilting project.
Last night I went to the Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild talk.  It was a great talk from Gizella K Warburton.  She shared her work with us - both textile work and photographs.  I really enjoyed seeing both.  Do have a look at her work.  It's abstract and uses some great fabrics which give the feel of the countryside.  These images give you a hint at the work Gizella produces. I hope to make progress with a few things this weekend and I'll post about it next week. Have a great weekend.

Jean Littlejohn class

The Lutterworth Embroiderers Guild were very fortunate to have Jean Littlejohn teaching. I think most of the class managed to finish their morning piece - which was a small stitched picture that we then embellished.  For me it was a first with an embellisher and Jean generously let us use her machine.  The second piece was stitched with a more open weave fabric than many of us were used to sewing with. Jean generously provided this fabric that was dyed and she also provided a size 14 Chenille needle - again much larger than we were used to, but the big eye enabled us to use a thinker thread to fill the space. We then bond webbed and foiled over the stitches,  So - a great class. Here are some photos from the day:
I'll post more photos as the work progresses.

Market Bosworth Festival

The Festival was a great success this year.  It was lovely to meet some of my blog readers... you know who you are. Above is a photo of Helen Rhodes who was demonstrating in the Bosworth gallery.  She's so nice and produces great work - do have a look at her website.  Here's a photo of the Town Crier - not sure where he was from, but he looked very smart in his outfit.  And here is the lovely Bee Design stand.  She also makes great paper products.  I wanted to show you the quilt Phyllis made using Edwina's 'cut and come again' method.  It was very popular with visitors.  I thought you'd like to see some of the work completed by some of the ladies who were beginners and are now producing great work.  If you'd like to know more about classes drop me a line and I'll forward you details on.  Don't worry I don't teach - the lovely Linda does.  Here is my small contribution to the show.  At long last I finished hand quilting with a seed stitch and got the …