Skip to main content

Four things

Well - I was thinking about what to post about tonight and Jane at Sew Create it has tagged me - so I don't have to think.

4 jobs I've had
  • working in a shoe shop when I was at school
  • Bingo Hall - no I didn't call the numbers, I was the Office manager and I can honestly say it was the worse job I ever had
  • working in various libraries - I really enjoyed that
  • Asda on the tills when you sat side on and had to re-pack the trolley, boy did you get back ache
4 films I could watch over and over

  • Moonstruck
  • Some like it Hot
  • James Bond films (but not with Roger Moore or Timothy Dalton - sorry)
  • Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - Howard Keel is fantastic in this.

4 TV shows I watch

  • Heroes
  • The Tudors
  • Doc Martin - I know that's a bit sad but it's got nice scenery and is relaxing to watch
  • Strictly Come Dancing - (And 'It takes two' when I can fit it in)

4 places I have lived
  • Portsmouth - very nice near the seaside
  • Knaresborough, North Yorkshire - a really beautiful place
  • Heanor, Derbyshire - we were rather skint then,
  • Market Bosworth - the best yet
4 favorite foods:

  • Chocolate
  • Sticky toffee pudding
  • Stilton cheese - even though it gives me a headache, just means when I eat it I have to eat loads to make it worthwhile.
  • really nice fresh bread, white, wholemeal, with seeds....


4 favorite colors:
  • Brown
  • Cream
  • Turquoise
  • Red

4 places I'd love to be right now:
  • Ragdale Hall - if you've not been and you get the opportunity it's great spa. I promise a few days will feel like you've rested for a week.
  • Japan - because I haven't been and I'd love to see what it's like
  • Quilting retreat with a shop and a bottomless purse (see I don't want much really)
  • Little seaside town on a sunny day
4 names I love but could/would not use for my children:
As i haven't got any children it's not something I've really considered - sorry


4 people I'd love to tag with this Meme: (don't think you've been tagged)
Have a good evening.

Comments

Kate North said…
Ooh, another lover of brown!
Jessica said…
thanks for tagging me~ i'll have to think about these for a while.
Thanks for playing...it's a great way to get to know a bit more about each other.
P.S. thanks for the link to the Spa...I might order the brochure and have it lie around the house awhile and see if anyone gets the hint for Christmas! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.