Skip to main content

Day out tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm off for a special day out. It's the launch of Thefold magazine at Ironbridge. The day comprises of both an exhibition and a lecture by Laura and Linda Kemshall and Catherine Nicholls. I think it's going to be a great event and I hope it'll help me with trying to grasp the concept of sketchbooks which I seem to have a bit of a block with. So I hope you'll have a look tomorrow and see what it's been like - I'll do my very best to get some better photos this time.
I also should add a bit more about the Linus Day - can you tell I was a bit tired when I was blogging that evening? The day is really good. You can just potter along at yourv own pace and have a good gossip. The fabrics are provided - or you can always bring along your own. You are also more than welcome to take some home and carry on with a top or quilt one or bind it - whatever you'd like to do. There's no whip cracking about what you've got to have finished at the end.
Can I also tell you about how freaky the weather is today - after it being torrentail rain on the Bank Holiday Monday and about 8 degress - today it's been bright sunshine and about 23. It's no wonder the British are obsessed with the weather.

Comments

Leanne Hurren said…
Oh Sarah you lucky thing - I am green! I love the Kemshall's work and have ordered the journal. Let us know what it's like
Thimbleanna said…
I loved this line: "You can just potter along at your own pace and have a good gossip". Isn't it so fun to know that these get-togethers are the same no matter where we are?

Popular posts from this blog

Dennis...

...well unfortunately Dennis died last month. Although we were very upset at the time we realise he had a very happy long life (18 years) and he spent his last day in the garden sunning himself . Everyone who came to the house met him - whether they wanted to or not; he was very friendly . So here are a last few photos of him looking like the fat happy orange cat that he was...

How exciting

Hello all. I had a very nice e-mail yesterday telling me I was in October's British Patchwork & Quilting magazine as their featured blog of the month. And yes I'm there on page 68. A very nice surprise as I had no idea my little old blog would make a national publication. So if any of you are looking at my blog for the first time please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.